Once your installation is complete it’s time to make sure you apply your license key. As you know there isn’t any prompt for adding the license key during the installs.
Instead it’s a Post-installation task you must perform.
The process I really simple. We use the PowerShell Set-SCOMLicence cmdlet.
1. Open an elevated PowerShell prompt. (Run as Administrator).
2. Type import-module operationsmanager.
3. Type New-SCOMManagementGroupConnection to connect your management group
4. Run the command Set-SCOMLicense -ProductId “<yourlicensekey>“
5. Check the settings by running the command:
Get-SCOMManagementGroup | ft skuforlicense, version, timeofexpiration –a
You may have to restart the Management server/-s to make sure that these changes are registered correctly.