August 19, 2015
I have been asked many times and in various ways if I know anything of a Microsoft Ignite Conference. There are many people in Europe and other parts of the world that aren’t able to attend a non-European conference due to travel restrictions.
I don’t have any information if Microsoft are planning a European Ignite conference or not. But what I do know is that the TechEd conferences in New Zealand and Australia has been rebranded to Microsoft Ignite. We want TechEd Europe rebranded as well.
So why am I writing this you might ask. We, the attendees should show Microsoft how important a European Microsoft Ignite conference is.
Microsoft Ignite gives industry professionals the best opportunity to explore new Microsoft solutions and trends, ask interact directly to the experts that developed the solutions, exchange ideas with Microsoft and Microsoft Partners and share challenges with peers to learn their success strategies.
Please sign the petition and get our voices heard! Bring Microsoft Ignite to Europe!
July 6, 2015
In 2013 i made a blog post covering how to disable autocorrect in Windows 8.1 and now it’s time to show how to do it in Windows 10.
Step 1: Left click on “Notification Center”
Step 2: Left click on “All settings” in “Action center”
Step 3: Left click on “Devices” in “Settings”
Step 4: Left click on “Typing” in “Settings”
Step 5: Toggle switch “Autocorrect misspelled words” in “Settings”
Return to top of page…
June 22, 2015
I recently experienced a issue with the Spotify client on my Windows 10 Build 10130.
I wasnt able to logon using my Facebook account and recived the following message.
The only thing that worked was the tip “If you have a Facebook-connected Spotify account, you can also login using your Facebook email address and password as your Spotify username and password. (These won’t be stored.)”.
This is how you do that.
- Go to Security Settings: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=security&view
- Find App Passwords and click Edit
- Click the Generate App Passwords
- Click the Generate App Passwords (again :) )
- Enter a friendly name for the app, for instance: Spotify
- Click Generate Password
- Log on to Spotify using your Facebook Email as username with the password you just created.
June 1, 2015
Just received this popup on my Surface Thanks for the heads up https://twitter.com/bduelund
April 22, 2015
How cool is this? My session on Chef can now be found and added to the schedule.
So if you are wondering what Chef is and are attending Microsoft Ignite, make sure to add it to your schedule.
See you in Chicago.
April 17, 2015
Packing for your trip?
I’d like to share some packing tips that I have gathered over the years traveling to various conferences. (Some doesn’t apply to all trips but you get the idea.)
In your pockets:
- Credit cards/money
- Remember your travel documents (Passport, VISA, ESTA or other travel documents). If you plan to use your phone during checkins and such, take a screen shot/photo of barcodes and confirmation mails. (There is nothing more annoying then waiting behind someone that suddenly lost internet connection and can’t get to the e-mails.)
- Mobile phone
In your Carry On:
- One change of clothes. If your luggage gets lost you will at least be able to change when you get to the hotel.
- Hygienic articles, toothbrush, toothpaste and so on
- Your computer and other necessary equipment like portable power bank, different adapters and a HDMI cable to be used in the hotel room for movies and an extra screen if some work needs to be done.
- Pain killers, and nasal spray. I got that tip from a flight attendant some 20 years ago. There is nothing worse than clogged ears during a flight. Use it about an hour before take-off to clear the canal between ear and nose. Have worked really well :)
- Power adapters, bring two. One for the necessary phone charge in the conference area and one for your hotel room.
- Your pair of comfortable shoes (if not worn)
In your luggage:
- A power strip that you connect the extra adapter to. Makes it easier to charge all the equipment in the comfort of your room.
- One change of clothes that are a bit nicer, a button down shirt and a pair of pants and shoes. It is nice to be able to dress up if you get invited to a nice evening occasion. A suit isn’t really necessary.
- Several pairs of socks and underwear. You will walk a lot so blisters and “infantry fire” is your worst enemy so change often. (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanterield Swedish article about the military term, translate it if you want to know what it is)
- A warmer sweater/hoodie the AC in the conference area tends to be set to arctic temperatures.
Hey I almost forgot, don’t pack any t-shirts! You will get plenty of those in the Ignite Expo area.
If you have any further suggestions let me know and I update the post.
April 13, 2015
If you haven’t already I would suggest that you change the Command Prompt to use PowerShell instead.
The replacement process is really straight forward, Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties option.
Choose the “Navigation” tab and check “Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the lower-left corner or press Windows key+X”