Packing for your trip?
I’d like to share some packing tips that I have gathered over the years traveling to various conferences. (Some doesn’t apply to all trips but you get the idea.)
In your pockets:
- Credit cards/money
- Remember your travel documents (Passport, VISA, ESTA or other travel documents). If you plan to use your phone during checkins and such, take a screen shot/photo of barcodes and confirmation mails. (There is nothing more annoying then waiting behind someone that suddenly lost internet connection and can’t get to the e-mails.)
- Mobile phone
In your Carry On:
- One change of clothes. If your luggage gets lost you will at least be able to change when you get to the hotel.
- Hygienic articles, toothbrush, toothpaste and so on
- Your computer and other necessary equipment.
- Pain killers, and nasal spray. I got that tip from a flight attendant some 20 years ago. There is nothing worse than clogged ears during a flight. Use it about an hour before take-off to clear the canal between ear and nose. Have worked really well :)
- Power adapters, bring two. One for the necessary phone charge in the conference area and one for your hotel room.
- Your pair of comfortable shoes (if not worn)
In your luggage:
- A power strip that you connect the extra adapter to. Makes it easier to charge all the equipment in the comfort of your room.
- One change of clothes that are a bit nicer, a button down shirt and a pair of pants and shoes. It is nice to be able to dress up if you get invited to a nice evening occasion. A suit isn’t really necessary.
- Several pairs of socks and underwear. You will walk a lot so blisters and “infantry fire” is your worst enemy so change often. (http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infanterield Swedish article about the military term, translate it if you want to know what it is)
- A warmer sweater/hoodie the AC in the conference area tends to be set to arctic temperatures.
Hey I almost forgot, don’t pack any t-shirts! You will get plenty of those in the Ignite Expo area.
If you have any further suggestions let me know and I update the post.